Photos......

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by gofasterstripe, Jun 18, 2011.

1. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

The Holderreads babies and the goslings are getting big.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is this months hatch babies. Im keeping the paler ones and the blue bibbed 1 on the right with the eye stripes. Its name is Bandit.
    [​IMG]

2. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Love those penciled ones!

3. gofasterstripe

I know, I love the colour of them BUT!!! Ive ended up with 1 with deformed eyes..so called Squint and 1 with a wonky neck who walks sideways and cant turn his head round to preen and cant flap his wings so he got the moniker of ...Crick!! and No females. How unlucky was I!!!!!!!
    All the white ones turned out realy nice but out of 10 of those I got 3 females and 0 out off 4 females in the emery

4. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    So what was your breeding arrangement for this? Holderread stock all the way or did you also use a different line?

5. gofasterstripe

All the white and emery penciled are from Holderreads this April, the small babies are from my ducks that are a mix of Metzer/Holderreads and my drake is Holderreads aswell. I was hoping for a nice white flock to separate out but out of 14 I only got 3 females and 1 is promised to someone else. So all these drakes are getting fed and will be sold or given away. So now Im just going to have 1 big coloured flock that will be a mix of 5 Metzer and the rest Holderreads/metzer. Ive got some H bred trout eggs in the bator so I want to keep a drake from them but all the whites and 2 emery out of these are all for sale/free and I am also keeping these pale babies to grow out and keep the females from them. Maybe next year Ill separate them out into different groups and see what colours I get. I dont care that they wont be standard colour, and all babies Ive hatched Ive sold no probs. The babies Ive hatched out have turned into nice upright Runners out of my Metzer ones crossed with my H drake.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  6. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    If you weren't so far away, I'd take a penciled boy instead of a little black one. But you are far away [​IMG]

7. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Missouri
    Oh my gosh they are getting big! How cute are they [​IMG]

8. magistradomina

magistradomina Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2010
    Where I live.
    Those are handsome and CUTE looking goslings! [​IMG]

9. Rosebud 18

Rosebud 18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    middle Tn
    gofasterstripe, I ordered 4 white, 4 pencile and 2 f/w from Holderread in april. Maybe I got all the females:lol: Hopefully mine will be more females. I can't tell yet. They are beautiful little birds tho' but I don't think I will ordered from them again unless they sex their birds which they won't do.

10. gofasterstripe

If you got them in April you should be able to tell what sex they are by now. I did the quack test on mine 1 at a time took them away from the flock, the girls got 2 black lines drawn down the back of their necks [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by