phtos of birds from IDEAL poultry wanted

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Megs, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    hi guys, im looking into ordering some birds from ideal in the spring, and just wanted to see photos of birds people have previously bought from them! any breeds!

i figure if i want 2-3 new breeds (or colors of breeds i already have) for myself i will order at least 6 kinds, grow them out, and keep the nicest/most correct ones and breed for nicer from there. i will be getting mostly bantams (but also some heritage breed standard size pullets for laying), there are many kinds i like that are not available where i live (hard pressed to even find eggs to hatch in canada for some of the breeds, ie: buff brahma bantams) which is why i have decided i need to do a hatchery order.

incidently if anyone in the vancouver island area wants to go in on an order i would be more than happy! i will be taking the ferry to washington to pickup the chicks, probably order for around feb/march.

2. wjallen05

wjallen05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    North Georgia
    I have ordered chicks three different times from Ideal. I have had nothing but good experiences and I have been very happy with their customer service and their quality and variety of birds. My only complaint is that their Silkies are terrible quality. I sold all of mine but dirt cheap, I couldn't even bare to have them on my farm... as terrible as that sounds. I then ordered show/breeder quality Silkie eggs from a great lady here on BYC and I am VERY happy with my Silkies now. ANYWAY, back to your question... I have RIRs, Production Reds, EEs, Buff Orps, SL Wyandottes, 236, and Exchequer Leghorns from Ideal. I am thrilled with all of them. The only one of those breeds that I will breed is the Exchequer Leghorns. All of my birds from Ideal are hens, except for Fletcher, my Exchequer Leghorn roo. They are only about 4 months old (the ELs), the rest I got in January.

Onto pics!

Eliza and Erica, EE hens

[​IMG]

Eliza

[​IMG]
    Speckles, a 236 Leghorn hen

[​IMG]

Fletcher, my Ex roo

[​IMG]

Darla, an Ex pullet

[​IMG]

3. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Practically all my birds are from Ideal. You can see my BYC page for photos.

4. tothemoon

tothemoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    wjallen05, those EE's are beautiful!

Here are some of mine from ideal, all cochin bantam and all are healthy and still thriving!
    This is Sunny, Bonny and Big Blue:

[​IMG]

5. BRAD1215

BRAD1215 New Egg

Nov 6, 2009
    Winder, GA
    My latest chicks came from ideal. They arrived all healthy and chirpy. They are 2 weeks old now and growing fast. I was very pleased with the order. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  6. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Here are mine from Ideal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  7. lindy

lindy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Oregon
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=265915 here are my silkies from ideal

they were healthy, one has a regular comb, another one had missing toes(when arrived). two are growing alot faster then the other two. the small ones look like "runts"(black and one buff)

I am not pleased on the quality but they are from a hatchery.

8. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    come to think of it i bought a few chicks from someone who ordered from a hatchery (and it may have been ideal) and 3/4 are missing their middle finger nails on both feet, other than that have been healthy/happy, are young yet but OK type.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  9. FloridaOE

FloridaOE Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Lakeland
    i ordered 12 Old English Bantams and 14 Bantam Cochins 5 weeks ago, they all are healthy, but i got st. run and ended up with about 20 roosters and 6 pullets, personally feel like i didnt get what i paid for..

10. Wild Chicken

Wild Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    West Michigan
    I have heard that a lot from Ideal...lots and lots of roosters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by