Piaffe/Passage Clinic Pictures!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jettgirl24, Oct 11, 2011.

1. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    My horse and I attended a piaffe/passage clinic two weeks ago with Alfredo Hernandez. Alfredo is wonderful and unbelievably skilled with in hand work. We learned so much and had a very positive experience! This was my horse's first lesson learning piaffe and passage and he did wonderful. We just got back the proofs from the clinic photographer and there are quite a few nice ones. I just wanted to share... And I need some help deciding which ones to get! Which ones should I choose? [​IMG]

http://www.carolynnbunch.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=2903

2. livenwpeeps

livenwpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    King William
    All I can say is "WOW"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I like page 1 photo 5. You tell he is (your horse) trying and thinking and has his hindend nicely engaged. Looks like so much fun! Lucky girl!!

4. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    ~gasps~ He's using a cane!!! [​IMG] Just kidding. [​IMG] I remember when Ernst Hoyos gave a clinic and was using a cane all the feedback that he was being "abusive"! [​IMG] The photos reminded me of that.

You guys look great! Such a wonderful horse you have!! As for the photos, just pick one that you love! Great share!

5. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    ~gasps~ He's using a cane!!! ep Just kidding. big_smile I remember when Ernst Hoyos gave a clinic and was using a cane all the feedback that he was being "abusive"! roll The photos reminded me of that.

You guys look great! Such a wonderful horse you have!! As for the photos, just pick one that you love! Great share!

LOL - yes, I'm sure some people think that! To those people... Rest assured it's for light tapping, not whacking and beating [​IMG] I will say I have been to one clinic as an auditor where they were working on piaffe training with a horse. I don't recall who the trainer was - he was french and it was yeeeaaars ago. It was pretty awful and I ended up leaving... The trainer was over the top and the horse was horribly upset. It was the antithesis of what dressage should be in my book. I loved riding with Alfredo because he is incredibly skilled, it was the polar opposite of that experience. His timing on the ground is impeccable and he is incredibly gentle with the horses. TONS of praise and lots of free walk when they've gotten the idea of what he's asking. I highly recommend him... He is quite the character though [​IMG] LOL

Thank you so much for the compliment! I am absolutely in love with this horse. His temperament is just the best and he's pretty flashy too! I randomly found him up for lease on Craigslist... Wasn't even looking for a horse... I leased him for 18 months and ended up buying him this past February. He's been a bit of a project as he had some bad riding prior to me but he's been a joy to work with and his progress has been pretty jaw dropping... He was going training/1st level at best when I started with him, forehand freakin' glued to the ground. We just finished out a solid show season at 3rd level and we're schooling 4th with plans to bump him up sometime next summer. Not too bad in 2 years! Best Craigslist score EVER! [​IMG] LOL​

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  6. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    What?! You got him on Craigslist--yeah, best find EVER!! [​IMG]

He certainly is flashy. Congratulations, it sounds like you and him are quite the team, nice for him to have found someone understanding of him.

I wish you the best in your endeavours! [​IMG]

7. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Nice! Picture 12 on first page, and 8 on the second page for me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by