Piano keys help!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ther00ster'scr0w, Oct 25, 2010.

1. ther00ster'scr0w

ther00ster'scr0w Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bay Area CA
    I recently got a new piano from craigslist so I could start learning how to play.

But I noticed from looking at some pianos at my school that mine was different; at the furthest right side, it ends on 2 pairs of 2 black keys, while the other ones end on 2 black then three black. Others that I have seen end on a fully rectangular white key (the only one on the whole piano) while mine does not have a single full white key.

could it be because of the model or age of the piano or something? I honestly have no idea!! And will this limit my ability to be able to play on it, as it does not have the regular 88 keys (i think it is missing 3)??

And piano pro's please let me know what you think!

Thanks

2. S*T*A*R

S*T*A*R Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    What is the piano model?

3. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    I've been playing for a number of years now, and I can tell you that if you are just starting, a few missing keys way down there are not going to hinder you at all! Even now, I rarely play that low on the keyboard. Most of what you will be playing for a while will be more or less in the middle range, anyway. I wouldn't worry about it until/unless it becomes a problem. A lot of people who own electronic keyboards have only 61 or 72 keys and never find the need for those missing ones.

But I would like to know the make and model # of your piano, as well. I don't think I've ever seen one with only a couple keys missing like that. Not that I'm an expert or anything- far from it! Just curious.

4. S*T*A*R

Oct 3, 2010
    Hehe my mom's an expert.... she tunes pianos. And i tune the pianos at out house haha. Yeah so just give us the model # and the make and we can get back to you on that!

5. ther00ster'scr0w

Dec 28, 2009
    Bay Area CA
    Thanks!

It says its a from a "British Manufacture" and the name is "Chas Brinnie London." There was a blue number inside it that was 44053.

Its not like the keys are missing or anything but that it was built that way. It's an upright piano too.

Thanks so much!

6. S*T*A*R

Oct 3, 2010
    ther00ster'scr0w :

Thanks!

It says its a from a "British Manufacture" and the name is "Chas Brinnie London." There was a blue number inside it that was 44053.

Its not like the keys are missing or anything but that it was built that way. It's an upright piano too.

Thanks so much!

My mom's not home right now... as a matter of fact, she's out tuning! But when she comes home, I'll have her figure out everything. [​IMG]

7. ther00ster'scr0w

Dec 28, 2009
    Bay Area CA
    Sure! thanks for the help though!

8. denim deb

denim deb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    I cannot ever remember playing on those keys on my piano, even when I've played classical music. (Mainly I play hymns and praise and worship songs now-I play for church) It should not be a problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by