PIC HEAVY: EE, Turken, and NHRxDel

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jeffross1968, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    What gender???

Ok, time to try and figure these out. All but the last 2 chickens, Laverne and Shirley the NHR and Delaware crosses, were hatched out by us on Oct 21st. So, 6 1/2 weeks old. Those last two are around the same age, but were given to us so don't know exactly....Tried to get good pictures, but they were out free ranging and they aren't too keen on posing [​IMG]

Of the ones we hatched, all were fathered by a white tail red sex link roo. The first 4 chickens were hatched from our EE hen, blue eggs, though they all ended up with yellow legs. I can post pics of the parents for these 4 if needed. The next 2 are Turken from shipped eggs from a BYC member. So, 6 chickens in all...first 4 RSLxEE...next 2 Turken, last 2 NHRxDel. Confused? Sorry about that [​IMG]

#1 EE Matilda
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 EE Amber
    (yellow leg up front)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#3 EE Randy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#4 EE Zoe
    [​IMG]
    (on the left)
    [​IMG]

#5 Turken Agatha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#6 Turken Stella
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#7 NHRxDel Laverne
    (in the middle)
    [​IMG]
    (on the left)
    [​IMG]

#8 NHRxDel Shirley
    (on the right)
    [​IMG]

2. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    Matilda, Amber, and Randy look like they could be cockerels and the rest look like pullets, But it is still a little early to tell on some.

3. psimons2004

psimons2004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    Cheyenne
    I don't know anything about turkens - they are cute though - so I won't guess on them, and the only one I see that looks at all like a roo would MAYBE be lavern, buut really that one could still go either way too. Beautiful flock!!!!

4. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    IMHO all of the EE's are roos. Laverne also looks suspicious to me.

5. lazypifarm

lazypifarm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2011
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Hard to say yet, but Randy sure looks rooish to me. Of the chicks we've hatched, the roos always seemed to feather more slowly than the pullets.

6. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    The only one I'm sure is a pullet is Zoe. The rest of the EEs look like little cockerels, and I'm not sure on the Turkens.

7. bloom_ss

bloom_ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Spokane Valley, WA
    Looks like all of the EEs are roos. Zoe could be a pullet, but I would have to see pictures of them in a couple of weeks to be sure. Laverne and Shirley could also be pullets but I'm not sure. Not sure on the turkens either...although Stella might be a roo.

8. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I think Stella?? and Zoe are girls, but Ive never had turkens so.....She just looks girly to me.

9. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    4-8 look like pullets

10. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Quote:Yep, that was what we were thinking.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by