PIC heavy: New fluffy butts; which ones do I want??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Momagain1, May 9, 2011.

1. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    TIA everyone!

I do get my first pick of ANY of the chicks; but I'm terrified I'll pick all Roos; which we DONT want..and I'd like to know what the breeds are; but the gender/breed forum they are stumped lol...so I guess
    it'll just be by looks and cuteness lol...

about 10 more have cracks/holes where they are coming out and the others are moving around..so I expect them to have a fantastic hatch rate; so that means I get to pick from about 30 chicks...

also; I get the ones "left over" from the other 2 ppl who have said they'd take them..One family I doubt follows through; they already have 4 and the town limit is 2 lol..

anyway; here are pics of the ones that hatched today; they took them out of the incubator while they were kinda wet; so please dont yell at me.. lol I didnt do it!
    So, if you picked your chicks by pics only; which ones would you take???

pics:

[​IMG]

dark brown w/a reddish tint; almost burnt sienna looking:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fluffy yellow:

[​IMG]

bad pic; this one is weird; it has greyish, brownish, almost old manish looking fuzz:

[​IMG]

2 with Stripes on back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

black/white one:

[​IMG]

2. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    OMG TAKE ALL OF THEM!!!! They r so cute [​IMG] I couldn't pick! I really really couldn't!! [​IMG] If u made me pick tho, I would DEFINATELY take the dark brown/reddish tint one, the one with the mannish looking fuzz, the cutie pie yellow one, and the black and white one!! That's just completly on cuteness! I'm a newbie so I have no idea what to look for to distinguish Male/female tho.

3. Momagain1

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    ok; I should say I already have 31 chickens...

LMBO..i dont really NEED anymore...but I cant let li'l chickies be homeless either!!

4. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    I have 29 3, 4, & 5 week olds myself...but if someone plunked those cuties in front of me I would have to just TAKE THEM!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

How can they NEED homes when there is someone RIGHT there to snatch 'em all up and love 'em and raise 'em and .......

Oh, you wanted some assistance in CHOOSING... ummm...

All of 'em. Yup, all of 'em. Even the funny looking one. That too.

6. Momagain1

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    Quote:YOU ALL ARE NO HELP!!!

Wait til I go back tomorrow; so many more will be hatched...I CANNOT TAKE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!

7. acy0029

acy0029 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Tucson
    All I can say is that first one is very pretty. [​IMG] I would defiantly grab that one.

8. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

I am going to be absolutely no help, because those are the cutest chicks I have seen in days. What an awful thing not to be able to keep them all!

9. AZSummer

AZSummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    I love the burnt read one. I'm a sucker for the stripes and the B/W one. I prefer color myself. What do you prefer? Those are the ones you should look at.

BTW, you said you have 31. Do the other two friends have any? If so, up to what number do they get to pick? It sounds like you'll end up with most anyway. It might be a nice gesture for you to give first pick or do a round robin to one of the friends if they don't have any chickens yet.

10. thegibbys

thegibbys Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    I would take them all!!

I am not putting money or anything on this but...... [​IMG] we watched the you tube video of mike rowe dirty jobs. sexing chickens. when you watch it it shows you how to sex them by wing tips. watch it in slow motion and see what you think? looking at the video it seems to look simple. in about 3 months I will let you know if it worked......... either way. they are all cute!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by