*PIC INSIDE* Blue-Red Cubalaya pullet - 6 months

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickenWisperer, Nov 4, 2010.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    [​IMG]

Hope is a very sweet, shy, and beautiful little cubalaya. I would NOT be considering selling her (in any form or fashion!), if only for the fact that she is pretty small - smaller than my Spitzhauben. I'm worried she'll have a hard time getting along with a bunch of huge dual-purpose birds (namely a giant AM roo, australorp and delaware hens), and I honestly thought she would grow faster than this. But what can I say, she is my first game.

She eats well, has an adorable face, and is the sweetest most shy little bird that you'll ever meet. This girl doesn't even take up for herself in the pen - just lets everyone else chase her and runs away. She is the lowest on the pecking order, with my dark brahma (weird, eh?). I have never, ever, met a game bird that is as sweet and non-bird aggressive as this girl. I have a hard time thinking of her as a game bird.

She is just over 6 months old.

I do admit that I am going to be very, very cautious as to who buys her and if I sell her. This is a PET and she is not going to be sold to, well you know. I would love to see her go in with bantams, or other cubalayas.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  2. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    where in kentuky are you? I am in northern tn

3. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    She is really pretty!! I have one silver game hen. She flys the coop/pen daily and forages, then back in at bed time. Hope you find her a good home... I know folks here that I give my extras to. Her hubby loves the games because they are so good with their babies. He loves watching them run around the yard with babies in tow.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    She is a pretty thing!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by