1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

*pic* of Doodle and Tyra

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mom 2em All, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Tyra may not be able to walk well, but she sure can swim!

[​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    GORGEOUS!!! Doodle is such an interesting colour, and little Tyra has won my heart over since reading about her the other day.

3. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    edited because of a double post when the computer was running slow... So let me just say again.... GORGEOUS!!!

I can only imagine what Doodle is saying about you taking a photo while they are in the bath " naked" with not so much as a towel for modesty... [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  4. oooh that big one is pretty. Cant wait to see what she looks like all feathered out.

5. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Thank you!

I was worried that Tyra would only be able to swim in circles- but she can cruise! She appears so happy in the water- must be nice for her to be able to go from one end of the tub to the other without struggle. [​IMG]

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I used to think the same about Regie- but she would swim laps of the whole bath. She would always let me know if she was ready to get out. I was afraid she would tire herself out to much. If she was ready to come out she would swim up to my hands when I put them in the tub- otherwise she would do a swift about turn and go in the opposite direction. As a small baby she was actually afraid of the water- I assumed because of her bad leg putting her off balance- but after a few times in the tub with her she learnt to enjoy it.

She can feel completely normal in the water - not encumbered by the disability and free to move around in the same way any normal duck would. Does she try to dive under the water at all??

7. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Songster

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    yes yes yes! She does the same thing! Doodle will try to jump out of the tub when he is done- but Tyra swims into my hands! If she isnt ready she swims away. And you should see her dive! She swims and does 360s under the water!! She is just too darn cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by