1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pic of my 8 Broodies! It's hot in California!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mycutekitties, Jul 12, 2011.

1. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    Crazy birds! Don't they know it's summer in California? It's hot! Yes I have 8 broodies. Heck I only have 3 other adult hens left that are laying. lol
    First bunch started hatching today plus I had my hatch in the incubator hatch today. WAY to many babies!
    I have a fan in the coup plus fresh water is very close to them. And when it's over 95 I put a frozen water bottle in the nest to help keep them cool (not near the eggs but on the side of the hen).
    I don't like having broodies since I don't keep any of their chicks. Such a hassle to sell them but I love watching them hatch.
    [​IMG]

2. Eleanore

Eleanore Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Seeing them in their nests made me giggle out loud!! [​IMG] They are so serious about their business! Good luck with their hatches!

3. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    They were giving me the stink eye when I was taking their pic. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by