1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

pic of my Columbian Wyandotte after molting

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by scgamecock, Nov 24, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    [​IMG]

She has just finished her first full molt and is so fluffy.I just had to get a picture of her in her new diggs. lol

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I love the looks of Columbian Wyandottes, and that bird is a really pretty example. Nice pic!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Very pretty girl.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    So very pretty.

5. Maryallison77

Maryallison77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Pretty! [​IMG] I have a bantam that looks like that and my bantam roo looks like that too

6. vickiemontana

vickiemontana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Montana
    OK I give up. Please help. How do you all know this is a Brahma, columbian wyandotte, or what. Mine look just like that and I was told they were light brahmas. Is that a color or a breed and how do you know. BTW, Great lookin mama!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She's so pretty! My Lt. Brahma is finally looking like a Brahma should look...HUGE! My poor formerly-naked Buff Brahma has her feathers back now, too.

That one has a rose comb and clean legs, vicki. That's why we know it's a Wyandotte rather than a Brahma.

8. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    She's just a McMurray hatchery bird but I think she's a good example of the breed.I have 3 of them but she's by far the best of the bunch.One is much smaller than she should be and the other is large but she has more black spots on her back.

9. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Just for the record she lay's fairly dark brown pinkish egg.Probably the darkest egg layer that I have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by