1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pic of our breeding barn

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by WyandotteTX, Dec 19, 2010.

1. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Here is a picture of my partners breeding bard. Pens are 10x10 with outside runs. Overall size is 30ft wide x 90 ft long. Big barn and big pens for big chickens. She mainly raises LF Wyandottes, Cochins and Marans so she does need the room for those big birds.

[​IMG]

2. clairabean

clairabean Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    Wow, it is huge! Looks great!

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Wow! Love it. I'm thinking of building something sorta like that next. Could you post more pics? Pretty Please?

4. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    That looks great...Show some more pics of those birds in the pens...Keep up the good work...

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    How is it plumbed and wired... My DREAM!!

6. WyandotteTX

Jan 10, 2010
    I will take some more pics of it in the future. It is already wired for electricity in each pen and lights for each pen and a bank of lights down the middle also. Plumbing is not done yet but will most likely be overhead hanging waterers in the pens. There is 5x3 sliding door on the outside of each pen to open up to the runs. The runs are not done yet but will be by the spring most likely. It is huge!! haha...
    I will post some pics of the breeding pens in a month or so after all of them have been set up for breeding season.

7. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

How big are the runs going to be? That is just a super set-up! I love it.

8. WyandotteTX

Jan 10, 2010
    The runs are gonna be 10x 25 approximately. It is a pretty good setup, very proud of her for coming up with this design and slowly and surely putting it all together. Started working on it last March. Its a dream barn for sure. Glad she lets me keep my chickens in it and lets me gawk in its grandeur haha...

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Very nice, very well put together, but not my dream.

10. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Wow, that's wonderful.
    I would LOVE something like that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by