1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pic overload! wk1 vs wk4 comparision!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by greytmommy, Apr 19, 2011.

1. greytmommy

greytmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    What fun! Have had our fluffy butts for 4 wks now! So I thought I would do a comparision pic of week 1 vs wk 4!

Ok, I will start w/ our Plymoth Rock.

This is Ruby, our Plymoth Rock (pretty sure she is a Barred...lol)

this is the first week:

[​IMG]

Now at week 4:

[​IMG]

Here are the easter eggers. They have been feathering out the fastest compared to the others.

This is Easter, week 1:

[​IMG]

Easter week 4

[​IMG]

Jade week 1:

[​IMG]

Jade week 4:

[​IMG]

Now for the Silkies. They have been the slowest to feather out. They are just now getting into the funny stage. they are bald in spots and look pretty ratty in general! I think one might be a roo, and the black one is TINY and has been the slowest to feather, and has hardly feathered out at all.

Snow week 1

[​IMG]

Snow week 4

[​IMG]

Pfau week 1 (this is the one that might be a roo...it is acting very roo like. And I thought it might be a buff silkie...but now that it is feathering, it is def a white silkie)
    [​IMG]

Pfau week 4

[​IMG]

And our runt....

Zero week 1
    [​IMG]

Zero week 4

[​IMG]

And the Cochins....

Here is Buffy (I have NO idea what color she will end up being...but it wont be all black. So feel free to give me your guess on her adult coloration!)

Buffy week one (LF Cochin)
    [​IMG]

Buffy week 4 (she still hasnt feathered out in the feet much. Nothing like the others. I wonder if that will change or if she will just not have good feet feathering...)
    [​IMG]

Chili week 1 (LF Grey Cochin......believes she is a house chicken. See my past thread)
    [​IMG]

Chili week 4 (look at those FEATHERS! talk about fluffy!)
    [​IMG]

here are our "Mystery Bantams" that we are now almost 100% sure are Bantam Cochins. We think the color is Blue Splash or Blue Paint (not sure of the difference). Pretty sure 1 is a roo....

Ellie week 1
    [​IMG]

Ellie week 4
    [​IMG]

Blue week 1
    [​IMG]

Blue week 4 (pretty sure he is a Roo. Look at those RED wattles!! the Comb is super red too!!!)
    [​IMG]

Look at Blue's Red comb in this group pic.....he is the ONLY one like that:
    [​IMG]

We have 2 more.....Cuckoo Marans, but they are a week younger, so they havent changed as much yet. I am just LOVING that picture of Pfau. I think it might need to be my new avitar....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by