1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pic update on Ideals .99 Bantam special

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by blitz1027, Dec 1, 2011.

1. blitz1027

blitz1027 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Natchitoches
    Hey all I said a while back that I would post pics of the birds I got from Ideal when they were running the 25 assorted bantams for .99. Well they are about a month old and I was only able to get pics of a few of them all the others refused to hold still long enough for me to get a photo. I ended up with like 8 Frizzled cochins, 1 not sure if it's barred or birchen cochin, what appears to be 2 partridge cochins, 1 Mottled cochin I think, a few other colored one and 2 silkies 1 white and 1 black. Not sure what what the other ones are. I have a couple of pics of a couple wondering if you guys had any idea. Well enough of me talking on to the pics

The first couple of pics are of the only white frizzle I got. It's the prettiest one out of all the frizzles and one of my favorites overall
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pic is of what I believe to be one of the partridge cochins.
    [​IMG]

This is the one I think is either Barred or Birchen
    [​IMG]

This is one of the ones I'm not sure about can't really tell from the pic but it's got black skin and like a really light blue feather color
    [​IMG]

This last one is another one I have no idea about. It stands more upright and has longer legs than the rest. It's legs are alot bigger around than any other birds.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Love the frizzle! DARLING!

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    The last photo certainly looked like a Dark Cornish bantam.

4. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    your white frizzled is a roo

5. blitz1027

blitz1027 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Natchitoches
    Quote:Thats what I was thinking. He is a hilarious little fellow with the way he acts

6. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute chicks! I love the white frizzle. I agree with the other poster, it is definitely a male.

Your fourth photo isn't a barred or birchen cochin, it a silver pencilled cochin and it has pullet coloring! Silver pencilled cockerels have different markings at that age. I have raised most of Ideals Bantam Cochin colors. If t isn't a Silver pencilled cochin, it is a bantam dark brahma. What kind of comb does it have? And you are right, that is a partridge cochin.

I love Ideal's bantam specials. However, I generally only keep the cochins and sell the rest.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  7. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    Quote:x2

8. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    Cornish should not be having bright yellow legs like that.

9. AuberyMirkwood

AuberyMirkwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Clovis NM
    Quote:Yes she's a silver penciled. I got the bantam special in august when it was 85 cents each. This is what my little Silver Penciled Lady looks like now
    [​IMG]
    DSC_0010 (2) by AuberyMirkwood, on Flickr

10. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by