Pick up your horse poo!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by geepy, Jan 16, 2010.

1. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    I live in a rual community where about half of the people living here has horses. Now because of two city slickers, that don't like horse poo. Our splinless county commissioners are now inforcing the animal waste law and want all of us that ride on the roads to, get to the trails, to stop and pick up the manaure. We are suppose to do this while traffic is flying by. This is the dumbest thing I have even heard. These 2 people went to the commission and complained because they had poo on there tires. I'm am sooo mad. [​IMG]

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    They would never make it around here....... [​IMG]

3. beerman

beerman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Smithville, il
    I lived near a bike and walking trail, I love horses but the trails got so full of poop people stopped walking and biking on it. My sister has some poop bags for her horses she says they work OK.

4. hollyclyff

hollyclyff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    NC
    When my horse poops on the street in my neighborhood, I always go back later and scoop it off the road as a courtesy to my neighbors, but I can't imagine being forced to pick it up right away, while you're riding.

5. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    I guess I have to look into getting a poop bag. I just hope they don't start complaining about chickens and other animals. Some people don't have a life and you can never make them happy. [​IMG]

6. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    When I was in Cuba they had these little chutes that were strapped onto the horses behind that went into a bag and collected the poop so that it did not dirty the city roads.

7. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    First dogs, now horses. I've heard it all now...One more reason I'm thankful I live in the country.

8. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Okay ..[​IMG]...I'll pick up the POOP when the county comes and PICKS up all the garbage left in the ditches !!!! from tires to sofa's to beer cans to coffee cups ...[​IMG]

That makes me really angry....poop will detereate faster than a coffee cup !
    These city folks ....[​IMG]
    If we go on a neighbours property they know I will come and pick up the poop if its in a spot where they can see it ....but they dont exspect me to pick it up in their back woods ...they actually want me to throw it in their composter....

When we were building our shop an engineer told us that he gets so many complaints from people that build there houses next to farmer fields when they start working the land /spreading manure etc.....he always tells them when you built your home did you not see all the farmers fields around ? Where do you think your next meal comes from ?

9. luvanimals3

luvanimals3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:My neighbor loves the horse poop! Or they complain about broiler houses.. love that one! Yeah after a good rain the poop is all gone!

10. PaulaJoAnne

PaulaJoAnne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Citified people. They messed things up bad in a town near us.
    They were very sneaky and got the Bourough to build gorgeous new paved "bike/walking" paths all along the major roads.
    More then half the people around here rely on snow machines in winter, and four wheelers in summer, as there main mode of transport.
    The new path is on the old off road "road", where it is now illegal to drive the machines.
    [​IMG]
    And do you see very many people walking on the path? Not really.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by