Picked on Chick!!!! Blood on head!!!! HELP PLEASE!

cowboyclayt

Songster
Mar 1, 2017
Mowing, the woods, the garage.
I just noticed one of my chicks has a little blood on its head.:th Should I separate it? I don't know what to do because I don't have an extra heat lamp! I know chickens are attracted to red, so I don't want it to get picked on more. Any help is appreciated! Thanks everybody!:)

I'm sorry that this happened.
Is the chick still acting normal (eating, drinking, etc.)? I have never had this before with any of my chicks, but it seems like if you did have a heat lamp and if you did separate it, that it would be very lonely. Can you please post a picture?

Last edited:
I'm sorry that this happened.
Is the chick still acting normal (eating, drinking, etc.)? I have never had this before with any of my chicks, but it seems like if you did have a heat lamp and if you did separate it, that it would be very lonely. Can you please post a picture?

:welcome. It is doing fine now, acting like all the others. I will post a picture if it happens again. Thanks!

Glad to hear that the chick is doing well! And thanks for the welcome!

I always try to have one or two extra heat lamps on hand, just in case anything like this happens, or the heat bulb I'm currently using goes out unexpectedly (which has happened before!).

Also,
welcome-byc.gif
as well!

Back
Top Bottom