1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Picked up healthy cock running loose

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BirdHead, Apr 18, 2016.

1. BirdHead

BirdHead Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2015
    Southern Oklahoma
    He's been running around in town yards and some neighbors were afraid he'd get their chicks so I took him home but not sure of what he is, really healthy, perfectly colored comb. good weight but spurs are questionable to possibly been cut in the past.

[​IMG]

2. BirdHead

Nov 3, 2015
    Southern Oklahoma
    To add, he's not skiddish to human contact but he won't just let you chase and grab him like any other chicken. More docile in my hands then Polish Crested yet more aggressive.

3. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Crossbred or game

4. BirdHead

Nov 3, 2015
    Southern Oklahoma

Not to be rude but it's obvious, just unsure by the multitude of colours and I have yet let him see my hybrid game bullstag that's already killed a few roosters that walk over in my yard. Funny part is, he's on a tiecord so not his fault.

5. BirdHead

Nov 3, 2015
    Southern Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

Yeah he's game, Mixed but not sure what yet, it's not an orphington he's not even that heavy my gf has one you can tell a difference. Comb tips started getting frosted as its been raining non stop with winds.

6. BirdHead

Nov 3, 2015
    Southern Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  7. TimCline

TimCline Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2016
    Inez, ky
    You dub him? He's pretty regardless of what he is lol.

8. BirdHead

Nov 3, 2015
    Southern Oklahoma

Yes I don't like combs and wattles, a dub to me is more uniform like a fresh haircut. I couldn't tell you the breed but my guess it's a cross, townies said he's running around yards and one said they're scared he'll mess with their chicks so I took him

9. BirdHead

Nov 3, 2015
    Southern Oklahoma
    Plus it's a hazard to keep the comb

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by