1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Picked up my gorgeous pullets today!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by amerzshaw, Apr 1, 2017.

1. amerzshaw

amerzshaw Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2017
    North Carolina
    I picked up these 2 month old pullets from Sunrise Oak Farm near our house this morning. We got one barred rock, one silver laced wyandotte, and two ameraucanas (one is buff and silver!) They've spent the morning hiding in the nesting box. Any tips on how to make them more comfortable so they'll actually come near me? Or does it just take time? I've put food and water and some cantaloupe in the coop, but they seem to just want a nap. I can't wait to watch them grow :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  2. amerzshaw

amerzshaw Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2017
    North Carolina
    My daughter named the barred rock "Blossom". Need suggestions for the other three names.

3. SueT

SueT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Congrats on the new pullets! Yes it takes a little time, don't worry they will warm up to you. Being in a new place, new people, etc. is scary and being moved from their familiar home is stressful. But in no time, they will be used to their new home and people. I am guessing your daughter will find good names for them all.....Good luck!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by