Picked up some chicks today! PICS

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by ColbyNTX, Jun 13, 2011.

1. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    I found some pied chicks today and they had 2 of them so I got them both. The hen is an IB and the cock is a white. He Just got this cock this year and it is the only one he has. He said he had an IB cock last year and the same IB hen threw pieds with him also. They are about 2 weeks old and I hope one of them is a male!

Chick #1

[​IMG][​IMG]

Chick # 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. SDpeafowl

SDpeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Dakota
    They are very cute! [​IMG]

3. bandbaustin

bandbaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Valparaiso, IN
    Those are gonna be some pretty pieds

4. 9farmgirl9

9farmgirl9 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    Awwh! they are soooo CUTE [​IMG] Tomarrow im getting 2 peachicks, a black shoulder, and a silver peid spalding or which ever order that goes in. But im soo excited. They also had white, IB, but i thought those looked the prettiest. Good luck with your peachicks [​IMG]

5. SuperPeacockman

SuperPeacockman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    They are very light, I was almost thinking silver pied, but I do not think they have enough white

6. ColbyNTX

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Quote:I wasn't very sure either but I bet someone like Doug or Burt will chime in. I think they have too much color to be silver pied but what do I know! The mom is an IB who has the pied gene but the dad is a white but don't know his breeding. Could also have the pied gene.

7. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    I think to be silver pied the brown areas would have to have more of a silver look...Pied or silver pied they are going to be some beautiful peafowl that is a great find!

8. DMFarm

DMFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Winona Tx
    Colby
    Nice chicks they are pieds. Silver pieds when they hatch are nearly all white with a little spot of color on there back.

9. ColbyNTX

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Thanks Doug,

I picked them up from Pat & Jill over in Arp. Their hen hatched them out in the woods and brought them to the house. Thank goodness they have the deer fence around their place that keeps out predators.

10. xlboergoats

xlboergoats Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2010
    Arp, Texas
    I did not think about Pat having any young peachicks. I am glad to know that you found something.

Ernie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by