Picked up some new CHICKENS!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chicken_crazy93, Jan 19, 2011.

1. chicken_crazy93

chicken_crazy93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    Mascot
    Between me & my boy, we have gone CHICKEN_CRAZY! Here are a few pictures of the last bunch we picked up. First, Silver Spangled Hamburg pair in the holdin pen.

[​IMG]

The trio of Seramas.

[​IMG]

We also got two RIR hens & one Buff Orp hen about 7 months old but we haven't taken pics of them yet. My son also got two rabbits, lol. Here is one of them & the other one looks like it's twin.

[​IMG].

2. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    im pretty sure those *seramas* are acutally b.b. red OEGBs

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:That's what I was thinking...

That SSH roo is gorgeous eye candy.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

5. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Agree they are BB which are absolutely beautiful! Apparently you and your boy are having tons of fun!!!

6. chicken_crazy93

Oct 24, 2010
    Mascot
    Well thank you for the compliment on our SS Hamburg roo. As far as the Seramas, if ya'll say they are OEGB then thats what they are but they are smaller than my Jap. bantys. The roo watches TV with me just about every day. Here is a couple of pictures of my Jap. bantys. The one larger roo is Frick, my half banty half big stock.

[​IMG]
    Here are my four Jap. bantys & my two half banty half big stock roos Frick & Frack.
    [​IMG]

Quote:That's what I was thinking...

That SSH roo is gorgeous eye candy.

7. chicken_crazy93

Oct 24, 2010
    Mascot
    You know, I have glanced over this thread but didn't do alot of readin on it. I just read a little more & it scared the crap out of me. I know most all the people I get birds from & they all treat their birds with good lovin care.I did get some a couple months ago from a lady I didn't know & I checked them over good, wormed them & put them on the yard within a week with no problems BUT, come to think about it, the Cuu Coo Maran roo that died on me came from a feller that I didn't know. It makes me nervous now & I just agreed to buy 20 2wk. old chicks off a member of our forum. I am wantin to build up enough that my 7yr. old son will have plenty to sell this spring & summer. I recently lost about 30 eggs in the bators due to the power goin out for two days but our member Kelly G sold me a small generator and gave me some hatchin eggs. She is a God send. Didn't charge me any shippin on either & what she charged me for the generator is probably less than what it cost to ship it. My son is growin up sooo fast & I am tryin my best to teach him responsability, good honest morals & limit his T.V. & game time & he is REALLY likein chickens, rabbits & now is lookin at goats. I get him every weekend & every holiday & most of the summer break & since he has started learnin about chickens & such his grades have went to straight A's!! After readin some of that thread I think we're gonna just get what we have already ordered then not buy anymore from people unless it's a real close friend. That would be awful to bring a bird in here & it be carryin something to wipe out our whole flock. Thank you Speckledhen for wakin me up. One more thing, do you think I should put the trio of Seramas or OEGB's out in the banty pen & clean the end where they are in my indoor brooder before the 2wk. old chicks get here? I have wormed them & they seem to be good & healthy. I'm nervous now, lol.
    Quote:

8. chicken_crazy93

Oct 24, 2010
    Mascot
    Soooo, what's ya'lls advice? Do I put them out in the Banty pen with the others?

9. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    You can eventually, but you should quarantine them for at least 30 days first, paying close attention to signs of respiratory disease.

10. chicken_crazy93

Oct 24, 2010
    Mascot
    Sounds good, will do. Thank you
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by