Picked up the Chicks Today!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ashleytattoo, Mar 10, 2012.

1. ashleytattoo

ashleytattoo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2012
    Weatherford, Tx.
    [​IMG]SoIi got 3 EE's, 2 Plymoth Rocks and 1 silky all about 3 days old!! I am so excited but a little concerned the 2 PR's seem to be picking on the others is this some thing to be concerned about or is this just new mommy jitters?! Anyhow i will try to put some pic up!!

2. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    They are going to be fine. They need to establish a pecking order and so on. Your chicks are super cute! [​IMG]

3. bj taylor

bj taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2011
    North Central Texas
    they're adorable. isn't it so exciting yet worrisome. mine are 5 wks & was saying today i'm ready to cut the apron strings a little bit.

4. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    Cuteness!!!

5. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    Congratulations on the new chicks! Some pecking is normal to establish the pecking order. Just keep am eye on them to make sure it does not to bad. It is not likely there will be any problems. My 2 and 3 year olds still peck at each other at times to remind each other who is the boss.

I am anxiously waiting for Apr 6 when I get my new chicks. I will be getting about 20 this year.

I see you have newspaper in your brooder. This should be replaced with paper towels. Newspaper is slippery and can cause leg problems.

6. ashleytattoo

ashleytattoo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2012
    Weatherford, Tx.
    Thanks for all the help guys keep the tips coming i can use all the he;p i can get!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by