pickin up 30 leghorn roos tomroaroe for 3 dollars

cool!! Good find!
smile.png

That's a great deal for both you & the chicks. Many of those leghorn roo chicks are destroyed soon after hatching, there's often more chicks than people who want them. At least these guys get a few months of living before coming in to dinner. How long do you grow them for? How much do they weigh then?

Enjoy all your great fried chicken meals!

20 weeks i butcher them about 2 pounds of meat or more with no fat on the meat wich is perfect small family we dont need a 7 pound bird per meal with these guys we have no left overs i have about 2 dollars worth of grain in each cockeral less if they can free range

Many places will sell you their extra cockerals pretty cheap. I wouldn't pay more than 20 cents if you can find one. Check your local hatchery.

the big hatcherys like mc murray dont even sell leghorn males for less than 1.00 wich makes no sense to me because they jus kill all these unwanted roosters anyhow be smart sell em to ppl like me who would buy em 50 at a time for 10-20 cents each its been told that it takes 50 cents to hatch a egg so either way they loosin money im jus lucky i get roos for 10 cents each and i can get pullets for 85 cents each no matter the amount i hardly ever lose chicks had one deformatie when i got a batch of 200 pullets they have been 100 percent Acurate on sexing the chicks out i order 200 pullets got 200 pullets very nice hatchery for any of you folks around northern indiana the hatchery is Berne Hiway Hatchery they only sell Hy line leghorn chicks but this is leghorn country here

Back
Top Bottom