Picking the Name~The Great Middle Name Dilemma~Top Two Picks

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chick_In_The_Burbs, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Logan Hunter

14 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Logan Seward

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Ok, DH and I are down to two middle name options. Which one do you all thinks sounds best?

2. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I ca't vote... yet.. What's the history behind them? i really like both, but history, it what makes it for me..

3. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Hunter we like the sound of and the fact that no one else in the family has that in their names.

Seward is the surname of some of my DH's ancestors and one of his middle names. His mom couldn't decide so she gave him two. His name is so long it doesn't fit well on most forms so we don't want to do that to this kiddo.

4. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    I vote Seward to keep family history alive.

5. reveriereptile

reveriereptile Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I like Logan Hunter. I like the sound of it. I liked the name Logan but my husband won't use it since everyone will think it was picked due to Wolverine from the comics since we are comic fans. We also actually have a cousin-in-law that is a girl with the first name Hunter. She is the first girl I've heard with the name but it suited her well. I thought it was a nice name for either sex but probably more for a boy. Make sure you check the initials too.

6. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington

We screened initials while searching for middle names. D's resulted in a funny yet not-doing-that-to-him acronym. Sad, really, I really liked some D names.

7. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

Hunter that way if the child wants to go by his middle and not first name it will sound like a regular first name.

8. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Ok, our final choice is Logan Hunter! Thank you everyone for your opinions! :)

9. Nutcase

Nutcase Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Australia
    My Coop
    Hooray! What an original name!

10. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Naming a child is of course a personal thing and the business of the parents. This thread does however prompt me to ask a question that has puzzled me for a very long time. I have noticed that many American first names sound like surnames, and don't necessarily give a clue as to whether the person is male or female. Some are just plain strange like Newt. Has anyone out there an explanation?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by