picking up 1st meat bb's tuesday at meyer hatchery

chooniecat

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
central ohio
have never had meat bb's(broilers) and am getting 11 tuesday from meyer hatchery-will have them set up in layer shed in a dog kennel with lamp on them(thermometer also) because am told they smell so bad. wish me luck. hopefully 8 weeks from now we will process them(i am sure i will fall in love with them anyhow but....)son and I will do the processing. will let ya'll know how that goes.

I'll be getting 75 of them from the same hatch. Mine will be delivered by Thursday. I have gotten three batches from Meyer and had great luck. Last batch I only lost 1 out of 35 and that was on the second day. I wasn't surprised that I lost that one, as I had him pegged as weak from the minute I took it out of the shipping box.

Goodluck!

:)picked them up and they look like little meaties(sorry but sooo cute) and they will be indoors tonight and set in shed wednesday. can't find thermometer and am going with ,because they have enuf room right now, the thought that they have a choice if it gets too hot and can get in opposite corner. long day and didn't have time to find thermometer last night. they're actually in bathroom and imagin the smell will be tolerable until tomorrow afternoon or so(famous last words?) I hope this is the beginning of a good thing(ate stringy rooster soup OK so this should be yummy).
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom