Picking up 2 holderreads runer babies this afternoon!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckyMom, May 11, 2011.

1. DuckyMom

DuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Upstate NY
    I'm out of my head excited, after months of searching I came in contact with a woman who ordered runners from Holderreads and is willing to give some away. I have been looking to get 2 more Runner ducklings. (preferably from Holderreads. But their minimum order is 10... gah! [​IMG] )
    So tonight (parents permitting) I am going to take a look.
    Hopefully find some new babies. Wish me luck! [​IMG]

Emily

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Good Luck Cant wait to see photos

3. Sachasmom

Sachasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    Upstate NY
    [​IMG] < Waves to Emily>

Nice to meet you guys, didn't know you were on BYC too, LOL

Sorry they were dirty, I didn't get to their brooder this am before my doctors appt (Who was horrified that I cleaned duck brooders while pregnant, LOL I said
    why, its just poo!) They hate it when I clean it while they are in it, so I have to move them all, clean it and then move them all back! Then ya look at it and go didn't
    i JUST clean you?

I'm trying to figure out a way to keep the brooders dry, I think I am on failed experiment #5? [​IMG] There are too many of them to water bottle train like I did
    last years Pekins... I see Holderreads has their water on a "Water Porch", now if I can just convince my husband to build me a duck pen, I wonder if he would mind if I cut
    holes in the garage? [​IMG]

Lemme know how the "Special" duck does, glad you took him after my hubby vetoed the House Duck idea. [​IMG]

4. DuckyMom

DuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Upstate NY
    The new babies have arrived! [​IMG]
    Sorry about the image quality. Brooder lamps are not very good lighting.
    [​IMG]

They've settled in to the brooder and have been eating, drinking and preening.
    At the moment "Stanley the special duck" is spwrawled out across the floor. He seems to be getting along well with the younger girls. (now dubbed Pancake and Fuzzball by the boys.) They are the most darling little things. I'm going to try to get more pictures in the morning when there is natural light.

And thank you Dawn! We all absolutley love them! [​IMG]
    (good luck withthat duck pen [​IMG] )

Emily

5. Sachasmom

Sachasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    Upstate NY
    They look sooo happy! ;p

And clean hay, LOL I had to find my pitchfork to muck out the back coop tomorrow, here I thought hay would stay dry longer out there than shavings, ummm, no, not so much.

I'm thinking about putting up a drip line or something in the back coop and leaving the big bowl of water outside, I've been anxious about leaving them out there with the door to the run open, I had a Fox pry up the wire on the Silkie pen and get one of the hens the other week. We're thinking about putting up some electric fence, but we have a lot of yard to fence!

Plus I was afraid it would rain and they would just stand out there and soak themselves!

6. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Sounds like everybody is happy! Plus of course the ducklings are gorgeous! Great result [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by