Picking up hatching eggs today - coronation sussex!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by UGAchick, Aug 26, 2010.

1. UGAchick

UGAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I hit the jackpot! My local chicken guy is keeping a flock of coronation sussex that belong to his friend. In the meantime, I needed hatching eggs, so guess what I am getting?!?!?!

Hopefully I can fit 8 under my bantam broody!

2. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    Sooooo jealous... Let me know when you are having your own to ship!!!

3. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    WOW, Congrats! I've been looking for some chicks for the longest! Please let me know too! Have a blessed day. Nancy

4. UGAchick

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I will!! First I need to figure out how to hide the rooster long enough in my backyard (chickens are illegal here) so that I can have hatching eggs!! Hopefully by next year I will be selling my own hatching eggs!!

Yay chickens!

5. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Okay we could do a joint project together. I'm very trustworthy and I'll even do a contract with you....Pm me! I'm serious on this... But I guess I first better pray you have a wonderful hatch! Nancy

6. UGAchick

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    I just picked up the eggs! 10 total, which I don't think will fit under my girl, but I will try.

He had several coronation hens and roos running with several light sussex hens and roos, so I should get mostly light (cor hen x light roo, light hen x light roo, and cor roo x light hen), but there should be some full coronations. So excited!!

7. daps2000

daps2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:So ... I guess that means they are not pure coronation eggs? Ya just can't tell when they are kept together like that? Bummer ... that would have been a great deal ... but anytime you get something for free its a great deal!

So ... did any of them hatch?

8. UGAchick

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Yes! Two! How early can I tell if they are coronation?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by