Picking up my female Aylesbury

Pweetyhonks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013
England
Hello,

I read somewhere on the internet (not always the best source of information, ironic considering where I'm asking this question :p) that you have to pick up female ducks in a certain way as to not break their eggs inside them. I haven't read it anywhere else though, but I want to be extra sure I don't do anything to hurt my duck.

I only pick her up once a day to put her to bed, she's fairly tame (will sit on my legs) but not really a fan of being handled. I normally just pick her up one hand in between her legs, with my other arm supporting her body if that makes sense.

ANywho, let me know :)
thanks

Hello,

I read somewhere on the internet (not always the best source of information, ironic considering where I'm asking this question :p) that you have to pick up female ducks in a certain way as to not break their eggs inside them. I haven't read it anywhere else though, but I want to be extra sure I don't do anything to hurt my duck.

I only pick her up once a day to put her to bed, she's fairly tame (will sit on my legs) but not really a fan of being handled. I normally just pick her up one hand in between her legs, with my other arm supporting her body if that makes sense.

ANywho, let me know :)
thanks
I usually pick them up with both hands on each side then hold themwith my arm around them and supporting their feet with my other hand.

Back
Top Bottom