Pickles the Breakdancing Arabian

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bantamamba, Jun 25, 2010.

1. bantamamba

bantamamba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    With all the stress involving my dog lately, this morning for a bit of relaxation I took my main man Pickles to the local horseman's park, and turned him out for a few minutes in an empty arena.

After the initial roll and bucking farts, all he wanted to do was hang out with me by the gate and snuffle my hair...silly horse. I got the impression he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do. Hopefully within a few more consecutive visits he'll get the idea that this means he can let loose and simply be a horse for a little while. At my barn the only turn out available atm is in the arena, but it is deep in places and my mare recently cut her hoof bulb on something in the sand...I am now way too weary of that thing to let my horses fly around in there. However we'll be moving to a new place in a month...horse property!! So they'll just need to hang in there a little longer with the limited turn out. The Devious Duo aren't confined in stalls, mind...more like medium-sized pens with open front shelters. Still too small for long term housing in my opinion, but it's our only option until MOVING DAY WHEEEEEE

Trying out some new break dancing moves, as the title might suggest.

[​IMG]

So many skillz.

The Bucking Farts. Or is the Farting Bucks?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooowwwww
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

HOLD THE PHONE. There's horses over there!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From the other day. I love this photo though it makes his head look ginormous and his butt look tiny (a good thing? lol...but I happen to think he has a fine patootey, for an arab...)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

YES and I finally found our clippers. So that gangsta bridlepath mohawk shouldn't be there too much longer. I have no plans to show him in the near future but, I like the look of the traditional Arabian path on his neck.

He has no muscles. ): But behaviour-wise, he is AMAZING. Still not a horse I will ever trust around non-horsey people or novices, but he has otherwise done a complete 360 as far as manners and aggressiveness. Love this guy. We will soon be progressing to under saddle work.
    Wish me luck, lol.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Looks like he had a great time !!!!

3. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    Quote:This one made me laugh out loud. Now my boss wants to know what's so funny! [​IMG]

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    You better hold on.....and I don't wanna cut my arabs bridle path I think it looks better like it is.

5. bantamamba

bantamamba Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2010
    Quote:I have been debating just letting it grow out and giving him but a small two-incher. The longer path really does make him look sharp though.

Hold on? Well you can bet I'll be sure as **** wearing my helmet that day!

But I really have nothing but the utmost faith in him to not kill me the moment I sit in the saddle. Alas, only one way to find out.

6. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    He's very pretty! [​IMG] I bet he will LOVE his new pasture. [​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I vote for the long bridlepath, it shows his neck off more than a short bridlepath. Therefore, you want MORE length to show off for an Arab.

Beautiful man! I love the speeding circle....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by