Pickup only - Pure Coronation Sussex Rooster at the Point of Crowing!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bargain, Jan 5, 2011.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Beautiful pure Coronation sussex now almost 5 months old and at the point of crowing! He's trying.....I have two extra roosters and don't need three extra rooster birds.

Our full time farm does not ship birds/chicks. This bird is for auction for pickup only.
    [​IMG]

The hen walked in front of him at the last moment but you can see his comb in this photo. I'll be posting more pictures.

This bird is just at the point of crowing!!!! He is for breeding purposes. If you need new blood in your flock or if you want to get into raising Coronation Sussex he is right for you and this is an excellent buy. You could put him over light sussex hens and be well on your way to split coronation/light sussex flock and then to full Coronation sussex flock.

Here's another picture:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/8875_corocockerel.jpg

It was taken a few weeks back. He's getting larger very quickly!

Lineage is Paul Bradshaw, http://greenfirefarms.com/store/coronation-sussex-day-old-chick/ and my birds are originally from Australia. This one is developing into quite a looker! If I had more girls, I would just keep him!

It is pickup only.

Please see our feedback in the new system and we have feedback in the old system as well here:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcz6aC_klXJDTE8H01hR-RA

His posture and coloring are spectacular.

See our web site for more about our farm, life style and ethics
    http://thegarryfarm.webs.com/ More info on facebk as well under The Garry Farm

Please ask any questions you like. For this auction, we accept Paypal, USPS Money orders to reserve your bird for pickup.

Happy Bidding and Happy New Year. Farmer Nancy

2. CHICKENBOY 1

CHICKENBOY 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Unnecessary comment removed--if you are not interested, move on, please. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
  3. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm sorry that you do not realize that coronation sussex are rare birds to America. I was on a wait list to get the ones that I was able to get. Please feel free to contact greenfirefarms for their price of a started pair. I have the receipt for the purchase of my last pair from them and the rooster I got then was 1/3 the size and age of the one I'm selling. I've been contacted by several to buy and ship the bird. Unfortunately we do not ship birds...

FYI, we once thought buying of a boat but when looked at the tag price and insurance and maintenance and how we wouldn't get to fish but about 2x annually decided it was better to buy fish or trade with our local fisher friends which is what we do [​IMG]

We all have limited funds and discretion of how we spend them. Although I imagine you were having "fun" with your comments, I would so appreciate and respect our farm's decision to buy rare birds as I will certainly appreciate your choice of how you spend your funds. I'm glad America is a free country, Aren't you!

We do have common roosters such as Barred Rocks that sell from 10 to 15 dollars for breeding stock. This is not a common rooster. With respect and best wishes for the New Years! Nancy

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm sorry for that interruption, Nancy. Best of luck selling those beautiful (and very rare) roosters!

5. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    nancy you have a verry beutifull roo there and the price is cheep i paid 200$ for my pullet and 175 $ for my roo from revalution mama and they where yonger than yours i wish you the best of luck joe

6. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I have had the pleasure of seeing this bird in person and he is absolutely Beautiful. If I was planning on another breed, Nancy would not have this auction because I would have bought him already! Don't miss a chance to own a Beautiful Bird at a Great Price!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by