Pickups from the Herp World Expo: pair of hognose snakes!

Kanchii

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 8, 2007
San Rafael, California
I was so happy to find this late '08 pair I had to snap them up at $50 a piece. The female has a wonderful personality, the male is very squirmy and active but hasn't so much as hissed at me so I don't think he'll be mean, just nervous. Trying to come up with X-Men themed names, I'm liking Magneto and Mystique so far, what are your thoughts? Anyway, pictures!

5-16-09005.jpg

5-16-09007.jpg

5-16-09010.jpg

I liked the Marrow character but I do not recall seeing her after the "uncanny" series. The way Magneto and Mystique were written for the movie versions makes those perfect names for your pair of snakes. I love going to our local herp show the club puts on every year, nothing like the level you went to but at least I can get my baby fix in by looking. You sure picked up a couple of beauties and at a great price!

Quote:
yeah I was real pleased with the price, couldn't let them slip by me at such a steal! I just hope they eat well and everything!

I've decided to name the male Gambit because he has more of Gambits personality. And Mystique will probably stick for the female, but I'm not 100% yet
tongue.png

Awesome snakes! I want a snake so badly, but can't get any until I'm out of college. I'm thinking I really, really want to start out with a corn, but there are sooo many neat snakes! I've never had a snake before though, so I figure a corn will be a good starter for me (And I've fallen in love with the pictures Jordan always posts!)

Gambit was my favorite character in the newest movie. I think I like that choice of name!
wink.png
Mystique is a neat name for a snake too. I think you did well choosing suitable names! That's always the hardest part for me!

Last edited:
OMGGGGGG! Hoggies! They're amazing, Madison. I love their belly patterns. How old/big do Hogs have to be in order to breed. Man, they're so beautiful. Did you get more pics from the show? I wanna see em!

Quote:
I felt like SUCH an idiot, I walked into the show, went "ooo gotta take pics naow!" looked in my bag... and realized i'd left my camera! DER DER DER!!! *hangs head in shame*

They say don't breed your female till she's at least 300 grams. No idea what mine weighs right now. And the male can of course be a bit smaller, because it doesn't matter with them.
lol.png
Cause boys suck!!!
wink.png
But yeah usually around the 1 year mark they are big enough to breed, I've heard! Woo! I'm gonna feed her plenty, get her nice and big (i wont power feed though, don't worry )

barnie.gif
You dork! My camera is practically glued to my hand!

Oh sweet! They say the same with Corns. Chester was about 370 grams when I bred her, I think..... I think.
lau.gif
That's awesome though, good luck with them buddy!

Back
Top Bottom