1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Picky Chicken

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by StinaD, Dec 30, 2012.

1. StinaD

StinaD Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2012
    So I finally got my chickens and wouldn't you know it I got the sweetest one (Prissy) except she hates her roommate (Bitty). If Bitty gets to close to Prissy, Prissy will pick out Bittys feathers. what am I to do?? Is that normal?

2. jaybanana

jaybanana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Down Under
    No idea, but I will watch this thread with interest! My initial 7 would peck each other occasionally, as a reminder to get in line, but the new 7 I have like to pull feathers out and quite a few have decent bald spots!!
    What breed do you have? I read somewhere that isa browns are more pecky (and 5 of my new 7 are isa browns!).
    I think I also read somewhere that if they don't have enough room they can fight? But I'm no expert!

3. StinaD

StinaD Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2012
    I have 2 golden comets and one has a bald behind no feathers at all the other has a balding spot on her side i just took some pictures but waiting for them to download will post shortly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by