Picky chicken.

Ducclelover10

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 14, 2013
I have a d'Uccle that is very picky. She won't eat tons of different treats we try to give her, she won't even eat chicken feed.
And after A while of feeding her a certain food she gets tired of it and won't eat it any more. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I'm worried she's gonna eventually starve herself! Any ideas on what to do? If I just stop feeding her she won't go eat feed on her own, another chicken we have won't let her eat.

i am surprised the hen wouldn't eat if it was hungry. maybe it is an illness, or maybe she's full. the treats i can understand a picky chicken wouldn't eat them but the feed, that's something interesting. Maybe the chicken only eats when people aren't around? a shy chicken?
hugs.gif
Are the feed pellets or crumbles??

Last edited:
i am surprised the hen wouldn't eat if it was hungry. maybe it is an illness, or maybe she's full. the treats i can understand a picky chicken wouldn't eat them but the feed, that's something interesting. Maybe the chicken only eats when people aren't around? a shy chicken?
hugs.gif
Are the feed pellets or crumbles??

I don't think she's eating feed. She's too scared of one of our other chickens to eat. I feel her crop before I feed her and it's always empty, and she's always extremely hungry. I don't think she's sick, she'll eat certain foods if I give them to her away from the other chickens, she just won't eat feed. And she won't eat any food in front of the other chickens. The feed is crumbles. I guess I just have one weird chicken. Get this, I fed them sesame seeds and all of the other chickens loved them SO much, and she took two bites and decided she didn't like them!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom