PICS! 10wk EE's Daisy really Davy Pt 2? Opinions Please:-)

hens4thehudds

Songster
8 Years
Jul 7, 2011
San Marcos, California
I posted this about a month ago. I was wondering if anyone could advise the gender of my 5 chickens
The first one is Daisy/Davy (he/she is supposed to be an EE but has a single comb and yellow legs??)

Cleo/Leo

Petunia/or peter

I also have Barred Olive eggers they have pea combs I think any thoughts on their gender would be appreciated as well.

Sparky we think is a roo, but it looks like he has a single pea row forming??

Grijio we also think is a roo he has the triple pea comb....IDK.

Any and all opinions are appreciated:)

In the picture below Petunia is on the left Sparky in the middle and Grijio on the Right.

Last edited:

bloom_ss

Songster
8 Years
Jun 23, 2011
Spokane Valley, WA
I think the first three are girls...I'm about 99% positive. (I'm still new at this
) I don't know anything about barred olive eggers though so I'll let someone that has more experience handle sexing those ones. lol

DMRippy

Pallet Queen
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Nashville
All pullets but Grijio. BTW ee x with BR will only possibly lay a green egg not olive
. Single combs probably do not have the blue egg genes and would just lay brown.

hens4thehudds

Songster
8 Years
Jul 7, 2011
San Marcos, California
I hope so...I have thought Sparky was a boy since we got him at a few days old...we tried the old wives tales of waving the hand over the head and see who stoops down and who sticks the head up
or lieing them on their back and see who relaxes.....I dont think any of those methods really work...I guess you just have to wait until it crows or lays an egg:pop
But, I guess I am just impatient:/

hens4thehudds

Songster
8 Years
Jul 7, 2011
San Marcos, California
The Barred Olive eggers were given to us, but my friend in San diego. They were hatched from dark olive green eggs, but I am no expert. I should as my friend what breeds they crossed to get the unique color.
I am hoping one of the barreds are female, it would be awsome to have the dark green eggs:weee

hens4thehudds

Songster
8 Years
Jul 7, 2011
San Marcos, California
I am going to try to get some more opinions this morning, we have to say goodbye to any roosters before they crow:)
Any other help would be so greatly appreciated!

JodyJo

Songster
9 Years
Sep 27, 2010
Colorado

I have 2 girls like yours! mine are 12 weeks old

I agree with everyone...good luck!

Last edited:

Top Bottom