Pics and questions...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Kuki, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Kuki

Kuki Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    Hi yall...

Here are some pics of my sweet babies. Julie and sarah. I was thinkin maybe Julie is a Roo...hopefully not, neighbors would not dig it. Her tail swoops up....Sarahs is blunt. They both have red chest feathers and supposedly are black star sexlinks. I have no clue as this is my first chicken experience...all I know is I ADORE these chickens and we will have to move if I have a Rooster!!! They are about 3 months....

Your opinions??

[​IMG]

Here are the babies. Paris and Nicole (named for good reason) 4 weeks old. Hens (according to mypetchicken.com and lets HOPE). I ordered 2 RI reds...are these RI reds? They don't look like it to me...and the description of these chickens claimed to be "very good docile pets". AHEM...not so much. These redheads are terrible aggressive, dominent and mean compared to how the black stars were when they were chicks. The lil black one in the foreground is Sammy. He's a Plymouth Rock. Sweet as PIE!!!

[​IMG]

2. Alexis

Alexis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Sex-links are sexed by the color of their feathers, so I wouldn't worry about having a roo.

RIR babies don't always have the best reputation for being well-mannered. I have a few right now that are pretty feisty, and they don't mind trying to taste me while they argue amongst themselves. I do, however, have a few RIR hens that ARE the most docile. Just goes to show that chicks DO have personality!

Sammy is ADORABLE! [​IMG]

3. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    The feathers on the reds look like RIR, but the tails seem to stick up very high. Mine took forever to feather in compared to the other breeds. I don't find the RIR to be docile at all. I think they are a bit flighty and one bit me a few days ago when I tried to pet her. I don't touch them anymore. I have other more friendly breeds to play with in the other pens. Could the first two be EE's?

4. Kuki

Kuki Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2008
    Thanks so much!

What are EE's? I thought they were black star sexlinks...heres a closer pic of Julie (whom we've been told is a male) She is our sweetest most docile chicken..

[​IMG]

The red ones are most feisty.....I'm hoping they grow out of it!

although one of the black stars (they were in fear of the babies at first) took her first peck at one of the red ones eyes this evening. NEAT. It wasn't Julie. Looking forward to building another ark...and hopefully we'll be able to connect the two after everyone *works out thier differences*. [​IMG]:eek:..OK...[​IMG] whatever.

5. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    EE means Easter Egger. I looked again and they don't look like EE's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by