PICS: Disco Lily and the showgirl

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thndrdancr, Sep 28, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Thought I would share some current pics!

In case this one looks familiar, Lily ALWAYS give me this look when I have the camera out... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dash teasing the big chickens (they sleep in that white box)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  2. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    A couple more:

[​IMG]

They just KNOW somethin good is in that bag (scratch-too big for them, silly things)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dash running over to check out what I am doing:

[​IMG]

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

How old is lilly? She's got a mighty big comb for a she.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Lily is the daughter of my hen, Lexie. Lexie is the proud carrier of the "SEX CONFUSION GENE" and you just can't go by any known sexing rules for her progeny, LOL. Lily has pullet coloring and leg color, but nothing is 100% certain with Lexie's chicks till about six weeks old.

5. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    They are so cute!!!

I have 4 Br, 3 girls, 1 boy, now about 3 months old.
    One of the girls has always had a bigger comb than the others, but she does have the pullet coloring which is much darker than the roos.

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

The las pic of Dash looks like s/he is dancing! [​IMG]

7. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    cute pics

8. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Yes, she is confusing alright. She is 3 weeks and 2 days in the pics.

She has the super long legs of a roo, but they are not big or thick looking. They did look huge upon hatching, so one never knows. Her comb also looks mighty big, but she squats when she goes, and she also runs when there is a noise, and she is a scaredy cat, at 3 weeks still running and tucking her head under my arm! She also doesnt kick when I turn her upside down, falls asleep. Cyn laughed when I was doing all these tests. [​IMG]

Like Cynthia says, she has the coloring of the pullet, so its really a wait and see game, but we are leaning mostly toward her being a pullet. With Lexie, I dont think Cynthia was 100% certain til the lil critter laid an egg.

Either way, s/he is a hoot. Thanks Cyn! [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm posting a picture of Lexie herself, Lily's mom, at four weeks old for comparison-see the roo coloring?
    [​IMG]

10. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    She had a big comb going too, didnt she? Wow and those long legs sure look familiar.

Lily is a trip, she starts hollering bloody murder in the morning when she is out of food. I dont know how they run out by morning, they must snarf it down during the night. (The only time they are not content!)
    I think they must play the DVD and watch movies and eat all night long after I leave.
    All day long I keep the food full and feed them AGAIN right before I go to bed, which is usually about 1 am, so how its all gone by 7, I dont know. If she is really hungry, she tries to fly out and pecks the brooder box, as well as hollering bloody murder.

So most mornings I wake up to cheep, cheep, cheeeeeeep, thump, peck peck peck, scramble-wingflap-thump, cheeeeeeeep!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by