Pics from the Lane County fair

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by domromer, Aug 16, 2007.

1. domromer

domromer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
  2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] that is an awesome picture...........

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Whoa those are wonderful pictures. I love seeing happy healthy animals. They all looked great!!!

4. FluffyChickenMama

FluffyChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Tennessee
    Those pics are really good.. I adore the goat pics.. but that pig jumping the hurtle is absolutely the cutest thing I have seen... I love it..

5. Avrilon

Avrilon Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2007
    Georgia Mountains
    Great pictures! [​IMG] Can anyone tell me what kind of chicken is in the 12th picture? She is sooo pretty!!

Avrilon

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  6. domromer

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
    I wish I would have copied the names down. There were so many chickens being sold. The bantam mom with her 3 chicks was so cute. If I didn't already have my other girls I would have bought hem on the spot!

I also got to see how big my Buff Orphingtons are going to be!! Their like the size of Turkeys! I didn't know chickens could even get that big. There was tons of Bantams as well. I could se how they would make nice pets, they are smaller than my 8 week old buffs. The game cocks were neat as well. They were all checking eachother out and puffing out their chests. I feel sorry for the person who has to spend the night watching them.

The gots were great. They have so much personalty. I could really see myself getting a couple of milk goats in the future. I've also seen goats being used as pack animals on backpacking trips. That might be a cool thing to do. Have somebody else carry you bags and get fresh milk!

7. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    who said pigs couldnt fly,,lol

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2007
  8. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    I think they are Mille Fleur bantams

9. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    Mmmm, I can smell it now!! [​IMG]

That's a nice county fair. Ours isn't nearly as big. Wonderful pictures. The pig jumping is my fav!!

10. domromer

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
    If you guys don't mind, would you post the breed name in the comment section while looking at the photos. Thanks:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by