Pics from today: Judge my birds?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Kanchii, May 19, 2009.

1. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Visited my chooks today, had to clean out the coop and all that jazz, and figured I'd take some pics since I dont think I've taken pics of them in a couple months. I'd love to hear critiques of my birds. [​IMG]

First up: Fabio 2.0, my bantam barred plymouth rock cockerel. I think he'll one 1 year old in... a month. Gotta double check. I love him [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my still unnamed bantam wheaten ameraucana pullet. She got best AOCCL at the last show which I wasn't expecting. I personally don't think she's that great so having her on champion row made me go [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Hera, my self blue d'Anver hen. She's about 3 years old now. Today she was being very very showy. Normally she doesn't spread her tail this well. She's one of the best self blue d'Anver's I've ever seen, but unfortunately her ex bf plucked out her entire beard! For some reason it still hasn't grown back, so maybe it won't until she molts again, which sucks because I really want to show her more!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Lovely birds...... but what is that strange green stuff on the ground around them? My chickens must fear it because they promptly eradicate it wherever they are! [​IMG]

3. Jades Chickens

Jades Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Sno.co.Wa.
    I just had to write and say your rooster is very nice looking. I like him alot.

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    I like the Roch-nice top line.

5. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

Fabio is fabuloso!

The wheaten looks like a Gertie

The self blue is pretty and poor thing to have her beard plucked.

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    LOVELY BIRDS!

I was going to say the wheaten look regal enough to go by something like "Queen Harvest" (from the wheat in her varity) or Majesty.

7. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Ooo! I LOVE the name Harvest!

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Glad I could help [​IMG]

9. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Demeter would be a nice name. She was the Greek goddess of grain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demeter

Edited to add that Fabio is fabulous...lol And the d'Anver is quite nice too.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  10. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

And sister to Hera wife of Zeus....wasn't she? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by