1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics from today: opinions wanted from wyandotte and ameraucana experts

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Kanchii, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

First, a group shot of my 4 chooks. I miss having a bunch more... But ah well.
    Fabio 2.0 my bantam barred plymouth rock cockerel, Hera my self blue d'Anver hen, Rollie Pollie my bantam partridge wyandotte hen, and Goose my bantam wheaten ameraucana
    [​IMG]

Now, opinions would be greatly appreciated on my wyandotte and ameraucana girls! Thanks in advance!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

im not an expert, but that barred plymoth rock cockerel is amazing. I thought he was fake for a second, as he looks too perfect. Beautiful. [​IMG]

3. Kanchii

Quote:AWW thank you! Yes I'm quite proud of Fabio. He got 3rd out of 8 WONDERFUL other cockerels at the big Stockton show. The two that beat him were from a breeder that's been working on this breed for a very very long time, they looked like they jumped right out of the standard of perfection, so I was very happy to get 3rd, especially since the other 5 cockerels in the class that he beat were very very nice too.

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:ditto [​IMG]

5. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    They are all just beautiful. Very very healthy looking, I might add. Gorgeous birds. [​IMG]

Paula

6. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Im not an expert by far, but your wyandotte hen looks like a very nice bird. And I will have to say your roo is magnificent. [​IMG]

7. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    The wyandotte looks pretty good. She could use some improvement with her tail though, it just doesnt look quite right. The hens tails are supposed to be at a 30* angle. The good thing is that she isnt bunny tailed which I see alot of especially in partridge.

I am not ameraucana expert but her tail looks pinched. Alot of the LF wheaten ameraucana hens I have seen are more light colored, they are more white than the typical wheaton hen.

8. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    The barred rock is beautiful! Perfect barring and wonderful face. The blade could be a little better developed on the comb, but overall, NICE BIRD!

I can't tell a lot from the self blue's picture, but she looks like she has nice coloring and a full beard.

The Wyandotte is pretty good too. She has nice penciling. I'd like to see a broader head, shorter beak, and a more pronounced main tail, but she would probably rank well in her class.

I'm not too keen on Ameracaunas, but I can tell you that she has too much shafting. She's likely from a cockerel line.

You have a nice little flock going. [​IMG]

9. Kanchii

Quote:Thanks for your imput! I only needed the wyandotte and ameraucana judged, as they're the ones I'm less familiar with.

10. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by