*** PICs! *** Im doing it!!! Im getting Pigeons again!

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by Celtic Hill, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    So about five years ago our family got out of pigeons due to a move and my lack of interest. Our old racing loft is now a show coop, and i decided that it could use a pair of Pigeons! They are just going to be for pets, i really want russian tumblers or german owl, but i will settle for what ever, i just emailed on some so im anxiously waiting for a response!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  2. Okla-doodle-doo

Okla-doodle-doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Portland,Tn
    Congrats hope you hear back positively! Always need more pigeon people. Are you sure you want to just keep one pair? They may get lonely:cool:Lol

3. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Once a pigeon keeper, always a pigeon keeper.[​IMG]

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I got 3 pair of Racing Homers in July. [​IMG] I now also have 2 babies at 3 months, 1 at 2 days old, & 2 more eggs hatching in 2 weeks. [​IMG] Fertile little buggars! [​IMG]

6. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    you go!!! [​IMG]

7. Celtic Hill

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    My Bantams are in the coop too. I hope to get a young male and female, their going to have a raised platform for their own food and nesting box. I have been wanting some for a while and when i saw the ad for russian tumblers on craigslist i was like, i have to email. We had two lofts at one point our racing loft and then we had our show/breeder loft, it had two parts, one side was birds that we used as breeders for our racers. The other side was our fancies. We were up over 100 birds and we would release our whites mostly for funerals. Go figure! Any ways we gave one our double coop away to some guy who was getting into birds and now im kicking myself since i got into chicks and pigeons again! lol When i was little i "had my own breed" lol and they were opsie babys, english tumblers x two bars, when i was little i decided that someday they were going to be champion racing birds. haha [​IMG]

8. Celtic Hill

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    So today was the North East Poultry Congress and my Friend (Shay from byc) had some pigeons there, and sexed them for her and I knew as soon as I put my hands on them i knew i was coming home with some! SOO I got two english tumblers, I think they will make a nice pair. Not for showing or anything just for fun. But im not sure what their color variation is, and im not totally convinced that they are English Tumblers, but they do have bands, i didn't get a good look at them today, i will take pictures tomorrow and check out the bands.

Edit: Sooo it's been such a long time since i have done pigeons, i forgot English have feathered feet, so these arn't english tumbles. Humm i will post pictures tomorrow to see what you guys think.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  9. larrylofts

larrylofts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    LOTT TX
    Ther Are Clean Legged Tumblers . Ther Are English Trumpeters That Have Very Large Muffs .

10. Celtic Hill

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Okay but the English Tumbler's website shows birds with feather legs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by