PICS My chicks yard and toys :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chickaroos, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Chickaroos

Chickaroos Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2012
    [​IMG]
    This is part of the fenced area my chicks live in. Far back right is (hopefully) their egg laying hutch. The chair is for me to sit :) The orange chicks run up to me and fly/jump into my lap :) The black chicks are still really scared of us :(
    Back there on the left I have two wooden wheel things (IDK what to call them. lol) they love to perch on them!
    And last but NOT least, their bridge! I had this is the yard, but decited my babies would like it and its a great spot to run under and hide from all these darn hawks in the area!

[​IMG]
    Here is the other side. They have their coop with heat lamp which is running 24/7 because its still quite chilly at night and mornings. I lock them up at night and they all cuddle and stay warm :)

[​IMG]
    One of my orange babies, coming to see me

[​IMG]
    The chicks running around snacking on our leftover veggies and fruits from last night. (Strawberry tops and corn husks and cobs)

Later when it warms up a bit im going to go back out and get some more pics and attempt to make friends with my blackies :)

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    What a nice place you have, and those are some lucky little chickens! Thanks for sharing!

Your place has a very rustic look to it! I love that. Do you have woods around your house? We live on a little over six acres, and we're surrounded by woods. I just love it.

Take care,
    Sharon

3. bainkitten

bainkitten Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2012
    Georgia
    Very cool :)

4. Chickaroos

Chickaroos Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2012
    Hi Chickmom
    Yes my little area is wooded, but once you leave the street, its pretty open and city like. I have 1.5 acre with the shed and a two bedroom "MIL suite" in the back that I decited to put the chicks inbetween. Hopefully safer then being out in the middle of the yard ;)

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Well, that sounds perfect for chickens! We live a few miles outside a small village called Strasburg. We're up a dirt road, in a cul-de-sac with two neighbors, but everybody has woods surrounding their homes. It's so nice and secluded. We often see deer and wild turkeys.....I love being in the country. Sounds like you've got a great place too, and it's not far away from everything either. That's nice.

6. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Beautiful set up and adorable chickens! Obviously, they're spoiled (as they should be). [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by