Pics!! My girls are growing up! We're getting Eggs!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jamiebartlett, Aug 27, 2007.

1. jamiebartlett

jamiebartlett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    I have five girls that are 22 weeks old and 6 girls that are about 18 weeks old.. Enjoy the pics. I also included my dog and cat who are continously jealous of the attention all the girls get! [​IMG] Click on the thumbnails for bigger pics! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Awwww!!! You have Buttercups, too! [​IMG] How old were they when they started to lay? Buddy was born April 15 (my birthday!!) but she's still not laying as far as I know.
    Very pretty girls!

3. jamiebartlett

Mar 19, 2007
    My buttercups are 18 weeks old right now, no eggs from the yuonger flock yet. They're so pretty to look at! They won't let me catch em yet! Maybe when they start to lay, they'll submit to me!! :thun

4 out of the 5 - 22 weekers have started to lay this week, not regularlly yet tho! I got 11 eggs from 4 of them last week! [​IMG]

4. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    Your Sicilian buttercups look like my Golden Campine. What is the difference between the breeds?

Your flock is beautiful, by the way! Congrats on the eggs. [​IMG]

5. jamiebartlett

Mar 19, 2007
    I'm not sure! Does your Golden Campine have two combs and green legs?

6. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    She does have green legs but doesn't have the 2 combs. I know that campines are 'supposed' to have blue legs...

It doesn't matter, was just surprised to see such a resemblance!

What beautiful birds...

7. jamiebartlett

Mar 19, 2007
    Maybe the comb is what makes the difference, I remembered someone posting one of thier pics and calling it a Campine and I thought how odd. Now it's good to know th edifference. I learn something new everyday! [​IMG] Thanks!

8. doghamstyluv95

doghamstyluv95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    How cute! Half of the chickens you have, i also have and they look soo much alike! I also have a BR, golden campine, RIR and Dark Brahma!

9. jamiebartlett

Mar 19, 2007
    Sweet! They all came from the local feed store - so I'm prety sure it's standard stuff that the feed store buys. I just found out after I got these that there was a feed store not to far from me that DOES carry a more unique variety! Dang it! But I love my girls nonetheless! I took pics of this morning and sent them online to walmart and had prints made, bought 88 cent frames and about to hang them all on the wall in the family room. My foster kids thinks im nuts and beg me not to do it, so they won't be embarrased when their friends come over!! [​IMG] This is a redneck town - I told them not to worry about it!! [​IMG]

10. karmical

karmical Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2007
    Honeoye Falls, NY
    Is the all white girl with the black feathering around her neck a Delaware?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by