PIC's!! My little miracle goose is here!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Germaine_11.20, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Oh!!! One of my African geese that I bought off CL started laying late this Autumn. She laid about 7 eggs. I would incubate each egg hoping it was fertile and...no.
    Then one day I candled an egg and it was veining!! So I babied it most of the time and forgot it about 3 times when I took it out to cool for 15 minutes and warm water bath it.
    Then I lost power once for 4 hours and power again for 1&1/2 hours.
    I was sure it was gone and I candled Thursday night. Oh my gosh it was internally pipped. So I put it back in the hatcher and it pipped on Friday.
    But this morning it hadn't made any more progress (probably because I took it out to check(*#!*#?)
    I had to help it this morning but she is looking good! I gave her a little water to drink and she is still in the hatcher. Her umbilicus was rather large but not bloody. It is shrinking.
    Yay!! It can't replace the one the coyote ate but I have a feeling it is a girl. And we have one boy who doesn't have a mate. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Either way this is going to be one spoiled goose.

Ok here are the pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
  2. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    Welcome to the world, little gosling! I'm so glad it hatched for you. Oh, I do hope it's a girl.

3. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    Hi,

I'm really happy for you...hope things continue to go well. It seems as though that little goose was really determined to be yours!

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    What no pics?

5. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    [​IMG]

6. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    I didn't want to disturb her much because the umbilicus was so big. She needed to rest and heal. But today she is doing great and I will get pics! She still has a few bits of eggshell stuck to her head.

7. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    I have never heard of a fall goose hatch-AMAZING! I hope she does well for you! Keep us posted!

8. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    I know, that is what I was told too. But I just kept popping those eggs in the bator! She is so sweet. When I go into the room she tries so hard to get over to me.
    She is still very awkward and clumsy. Just thinking about her makes me need to go pick her up. I have learned to put her on a washcloth when she is on me though. Little pooper.

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I hope things continue to go well! Sooo cute!!!!!

10. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Thanks! She is tucked here under my neck as I type.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by