pics o' the pups

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by phickle, Feb 24, 2014.

1. phickle

phickle Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2014
    near Tyler, TX
    A few pics of our dogs for the dog lovers out there.

This is Cocoa, a Terrier of unknown breed. She was abandoned on the side of the road, and rescued by the owner of the local feed store (non-corporate, family owned) that we frequent, where they were being offered free to a good home. Well, my roomie has a big heart and this Terrier and the one below came home. Cocoa belongs to my son. She's a good dog, and pretty affectionate. She has been in heat twice, so this is as big as I think she'll get.
    [​IMG]

This is Sammy, a "tweenie" Dachshund, wild boar in color. He is fixed, and weighs a whopping 17 pounds. I say whopping because while 17 pounds isn't much normally, it is a veritable ton when he lays on my bladder at 0430. Sammy is a horrible dog, but a decent Dachsie. Sammy gives kisses. He is our resident sex-offender, he will lick, lick, lick, until you just can't breathe. He is the only dog to find a way to lick the back of your face.
    [​IMG]

Tanner, another fixed tweenie Dachshund, cream color, although he has grown to be a dark tan. Also a heavyweight tweenie at 16 pounds. Tanner is my Rainman. He is about as smart as a hammer, but his nose, oh, that nose. This dog can smell a fart cut loose by someone in a car, who drove by, 2 weeks ago, 3 blocks away, during a tornado. He is also our resident mouser. Cats could learn a thing or two from ol' Tanner. We moved into our old fixer-upper a year and a half ago, and Tanner has 32 field mice to his credit, and those are the ones we know about.
    [​IMG]

This is Buttercup, my daughters dog. The other rescued Terrier of unknown breed. She's about as big as a Hamburger Helper box, and is in heat now, which leads me to think she's not getting any bigger either. She is a dainty little sweetheart, if only she'd quit barking at rabbits, geese, ducks, and chickens. She doesn't bark at strangers, go figure.
    [​IMG]

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Cute dogs! I love the little terrier!

I love daschunds, but their long backs would make me such a nervous owner! LOL

3. chesterthegreat

chesterthegreat Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2014
    Maine
    You have some adorable pups! I love the little black terrier mix, I'm a sucker for terriers[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by