1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of 2 week old golden-laced wyandottes

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jimrichter, Mar 23, 2007.

1. jimrichter

jimrichter Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2007
    Bloomington, IN
    I posted a couple photos a couple weeks ago after getting our g.l. wyanodotte chicks. We're heading for the second week and they've doubled in size and feathering up nicely. These will be the ideal chickens for our needs (layer/meat) and our midwestern/Indiana weather.

Jim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tnokie

tnokie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2007
    looks lkie a good mix of males and females.

i bet the kids love them!

3. jimrichter

Mar 16, 2007
    Bloomington, IN
    It should be. It was a straight run of 17 chicks. Best I could count based on early wing development, we've got 7 or 8 females and the rest males. This will be right since I wanted to get down to about 7 hens and 1 rooster.

Kids are getting used to them. They're rather taken back by how quickly the chicks are feathering out. I grew up around chickens, but this is their first exposure to them. I'm anxious to see what the interaction will be between boy and chicken when I've got some adult chickens pecking about.

Jim

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  4. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Great pics! I love the expressions on the boys' faces in the first one. It's great when you can capture that look!

5. jimrichter

Mar 16, 2007
    Bloomington, IN
    I like the first one too. After they knew I was snapping photos, then it got into the "posed" looks.

Jim

6. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    great pics of your girls and boys (all of them)!..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by