pics of 24 hrs old keets

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wren, Jul 4, 2007.

1. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    [​IMG] Here's my newest babies! I've never had a healthier bunch. I made a midnight run to pick them up, so I guess I'm officially crazy. Not one pastey butt in the bunch. YEAH! [​IMG]

Man, I love stripes on a baby chick.
    [​IMG]

Trying to get a snooze going.
    [​IMG]

My Brother's response to "Aren't they cute?" was,
    "What do they look like when they grow up?" I reminded him of a neighbor's quineas to which he scrunched up his face and said, "Eww Jeez." I quess you can't please them all. [​IMG]

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I want some. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

how cute!

4. JacobsRewardFarm

JacobsRewardFarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2007
    Parker, TX
    Nice! I have really considered guineas...

Right now I'm also using my rubber stock tank on the back porch with a wire cover. Got 24 week-old Delaware chicks getting feathers already! Not sure how long this tank will hold them and not sure what I'll do when I have to put them into two groups... cross that bridge later.

Your keets are kute! [​IMG]

Cindy T in TX
    Jacob's Reward Farm
    Parker, TX

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    You will need to take pictures more than once a week as they change so quickly. I have some that are now three weeks old and they are finally going out into their pen this morning. I can't wait! [​IMG] They are quite the stinky bunch and I only have thirteen. [​IMG] You have quite a handful there! Keep us posted with pictures.

6. wren

wren Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    St Augustine, FL
    No joke! I do have my hands full.[​IMG] I change the towels out of the bottom 2Xs a day, not that you can tell... On a brighter note they love music and N.P.R. They are in a stock tank that's 6ft by 2'6". I think that they will outgrow it quickly. I'm glad someone else is using a stock tank. I just didn't want to use anything else I had or build new. I almost didn't post pics because of the lime scale on the sides of the tank but oh well. Keets are smaller than chicks but more solid IMO.

7. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:Cindy, did you mean you have two 4 week old chicks?? 24 week chicks would be about full grown so I think that was an error?? [​IMG]

8. Jsto

Jsto Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    How cute!!! Keets are one of the most precious poultry chicks, in my opinion. I'd love to get some guinea, but not sure I could handle it at this point in time. Unfortunate because I really do love them.

Quote:Maybe 24 1-week olds? That's how I originally read it.

9. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    jsto, of course, you must be right, my mistake. [​IMG]

10. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    They're reeeeeeeally cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by