Pics of a fertile or infertile egg? Newby here ☺

luvfishn

Hatching
Apr 24, 2017
Hi,

First of all this is a great website and I'd like to thak everyone for the great information.
I've had chickens for about 2 years now but added a rooster just over a week ago. I want to try hatching my own and recently purchased an incibator.
Can someone tell me if this egg is fertile? from what I've read here i think it is but as a newby i definitely could be wrong.

The images are clearer if you click on them.

There's a white ring, kind of hard to see in the pic i think. Is it too small to be fertile?

Hi,

First of all this is a great website and I'd like to thak everyone for the great information.
I've had chickens for about 2 years now but added a rooster just over a week ago. I want to try hatching my own and recently purchased an incibator.
Can someone tell me if this egg is fertile? from what I've read here i think it is but as a newby i definitely could be wrong.

The images are clearer if you click on them.

They absolutely look fertile to me. That is blastoderm, the blastodisc of an unfertile egg is much smaller.

Thank you :) I was worried the blastodisc was too small but apparently the fresher thee egg the smaller it is. I was surprised that the rooster was placed with the hens for only a week and some of the girls are already fertile!

Last edited:
Thank you :) I was worried the blastodisc was too small but apparently the fresher thee egg the smaller it is. I was surprised that the rooster was placed with the hens for only a week and some of the girls are already fertile?

They also can stay fertile up to a month after you remove a roo.
1f609.png

Back
Top Bottom