Pics of black sex links?

pawtraitart

Crowing
13 Years
May 30, 2007
Idaho
Does anybody have some pictures of black sex links around 4 weeks old? Thanks.
smile.png

So these would be black sex links? Do yours have the rust colored markings at this age? Also, I'm hoping that my "barred rocks" aren't roo sex links because I've heard they are mean. If I have pullets of this type ..... then I might have the roos too. The BR chicks have larger combs than my BO did at 4 weeks. Ah well. hehe.
smile.png

chickpic3b.jpg

Here's my girls at 5 weeks. She's much more buff than most, possibly because her father was a Buff Orp, not a New Hampshire or RIR like most.

Nekoda.jpg

The color will vary depending on the particular breeds and strains of breeds used to create the cross. Some are very dark with only a few gold tips on the feathers around the neck, others are like the one I posted. The pics you posted do look like Black sex-link girls. The boys usually have lighter, less distict barring on their wings and back as compared to pure Barred Rocks, so you should be able to tell.

Hey, AccidentalFarm that's not a Black sex-link girl. Only the boys of that cross are Barred, that's what makes them a sex-link. The hen only passes her pattern and color to her male offspring. That looks like a Barred Rock pullet. And a very pretty one at that.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom