pics of Chemung Fair BIS, BOBs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by aveca, Aug 9, 2009.

1. aveca

aveca Songster

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    I took these pics befor people came in to claim thier birds.

There is a several second delay with my digital camera, I take a well planned pic, hit the button, chicken moves and then camera takes pic. So sorry about a few of these.

Im also sorry camera batterys ran out befor I got to silkies, standard cochins, australorps, turkens, phesants, ducks, there was three langshans that I really wanted to get a pic of, they came up from PA. ect.... Didnt mean to leave them off, forgot to pack extra batterys and no one had any to spare

Best in show, best pair, ect...
    Spangled hamburgs, well groomed well shown birds

[​IMG]

BOB Bantam Cochin , just as I took pic, she plopped down but not too bad.

[​IMG]

Some nice japanese

[​IMG]

This is a great looking bird who has some horns for a comb. there were several at this show, this was BOB

[​IMG]

I beleive these are Campines

[​IMG]

I am not sure what this big rooster is but a pretty correct bird from comb to tail. 4H project

[​IMG]

I beleive this might be the barred cochin , but cant remember. Might be polish sorry about bad pic.

[​IMG]

Some beautiful pidgons

[​IMG]

A phesant

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

wow... those spangled hamburgs are beautiful! [​IMG]

3. aveca

aveca Songster

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    I know , I just fell in love with them, they were prettier in real life than my pic, .

I wish I could go to the big finger lakes fall show but cant, have to work, they get some super birds at those shows, groomed to the 9s. You walk in the door and say WOW.[​IMG]

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I believe your "barred cochin" is actually a Mottled Cochin. Your unknown male looks to be a Delaware male and the pheasant looks to be a red-shouldered Yokohama, but don't quote me on that one. The one with a V-comb is called a La Fleche.

5. aveca

aveca Songster

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    Thanks for the corrections, I love looking at the birds but do not know them all. Thought it was kind of odd that a pheasant wasnt over with the phesants - guinis ect... but in with chickens

The huge Pennsylvania farm show (didnt go to it this year) is a lot like your tulsa show, a warehouse of birds and banners. It takes all day to get through the exibit, NYS fair also, It takes 2 days to get through that one.

6. erthymom2

erthymom2 Songster

May 23, 2008
    I too went on Friday afternoon to check out the poultry barn at the Chemung Co. fair. I fell in love with all the standard large-fowl Cochins and the Buff Orpingtons. I have both breeds at my house but none that compare to those at the fair. There were some great looking toulose ganders too.

7. aveca

aveca Songster

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    I loved them too! Big fluffy boys and girls, you just want to have an entire flock of them. It must take an entire week for them to dry out after a bath

Hey, what a small world . I didnt know you were from Spencer NY , I had heard there was a breeding farm over there. Is that you? a fairly big operation? Im just down here in Waverly. I was wanting to go check it out but didnt know exactly where it was and what breeds they had. If its not you, do you know who it is?

The only weird thing about that show is they spread everybody out, cochin here, and one way over there , silki here and more way over there, I couldnt make sence of thier lay out. A lot of the shows group. so the judge can make an impression.

By the way, I missed the ganders, I think they were outside as they dont thrive penned , out back I think. forgot about them , should have gotten a pic

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: