Pics of Coops for 50 chickens and more.

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
If anyone has pics of their large chicken coops/chicken houses/runs for their chickens (50 chickens and MORE), please post.

This is a pic of 1 of my chickens pens. Will try to post pics of the others on tomorrow.

6612_byc_house.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks. That's one of the areas where they sleep. Wasn't able to take pics of the other coops yesterday. Will try to take today. Hoping that others with a large number of flock posts their houses/coops/runs.

Great setup! I would love to have that here! My husband built me a coop and run and when I started talking about another one he let me know he would not be building another one....so am looking for little tykes playhouses and doing it that way....lol.

Quote:
Thanks. There are 4 stalls with 3 roosts in each stall. In each stall, the roosts are at 3 different levels. The 5th stall has brooders in it and the last stall is one of my feeding stalls. It is sooooooo convenient. My chickens have their pick of where they want to roost at night. About 8pm, all I have to do is go down the row and close the doors and latch them up. In the morning, I just unlatch, open the door and they fly out when they are ready. In the day time, they like to go in the stalls and rest or take a nap. They also can easily go in when it starts raining.

This setup is a little different than most people. Most people have the roosts and the nesting boxes all in the same location. Well, I don't. The nesting boxes are in a different area. I will post a pic of that tomorrow. They have learned to go to the nesting box chicken house to lay eggs and leave out. And when it's sleep time, they know to go into the stalls to roost. So, they have 2 different areas that they know where to go and what to do.

This is a pic of when this project began. This is the large shed where the nesting boxes are.
6612_chicken_start.jpg

Off the ground Roosting Area with Hanging Feeder and Waterer. The finished roof has shingles and all of the bells and whistles.
6612_hanging_basket_roost.jpg

6612_chicken_house_new_roosts.jpg

Nesting Boxes in Chicken Shed. Has about 18 nesting boxes for my chickens, ducks and turkeys.
6612_nesting_boxes_with_chickens.jpg

6612_nesting_boxes_with_ducks.jpg

Tin House with nesting boxes inside. I will be painting the tin white and putting a door on it. Will have cute painting and other things to make it a nice little "Hen Den". Will post when I'm done painting.
6612_tin_house.jpg

Brooders with different compartments. These are additional brooders that were built due to the fact that I can have 15 hens or more setting on eggs at the same time. The other brooders are in the stall. It is a nightmare to have all of those hens setting on eggs at one time.
barnie.gif

6612_brooder_with_compartments.jpg

If you have any suggestions, please offer any advice or ideas.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom