Pics of Daddy being mommy to baby

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by turningchicken, Dec 25, 2010.

1. turningchicken

turningchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    I posted afew days ago that I had found my beautiful Bantam rooster had begun to let Junior warm up under him. I was finally able to get a picture. I love it!!

[​IMG]

while I have these beauties in one area I have my Frizzle and a hen...I think she is a silkie? She was hatched with a lame leg and I could not get rid of her. She doesn't know any better, but is it safe to let her hatch babies? My grandson named them Phil Better and Ugly. They are 7 months old and he has just begun to crow this week, so I don't know if he will even be interested in having a family. Isn't this awfully old to decide to crow? Am I right to keep the 2 roosters seperated as they are in very tight quarters? Sorry for so many questions.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Awwww aw aw aw. I can't stand it, it's so cute.[​IMG]

3. turningchicken

Jun 8, 2010
    The sister is under him but wouldn't stick her head out. I think this is just the sweetest thing I have seen.

4. Chickie15

Chickie15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    That is so cute! I love it! [​IMG]

5. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    Yes it is really very sweet, but he is just drop dead gorgeous. What a beautiful Cochin roo you have. What color is he? So beautiful indeed. Look at those feathers.

6. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

That is SO adorable! What a sweet roo!! [​IMG]

7. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Wonderful pic!! [​IMG]

8. turningchicken

Jun 8, 2010
    I think my rooster is the most beautiful I have ever had. He carrries himself like he knows he is awesome,,,, but he is so kind with his 2 hens and now the babies. His tail feathers are so black they take on a purple hue. He is only 8 months old. I can't begin to describe his coloring so I am sending another picture.

[​IMG]

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I think that first photo is THE most adorable picture I have ever seen. Bar none. And it's not like I haven't seen a whole lot of photos, either!

[​IMG]

10. HorizonSon

HorizonSon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Pacific NW
    Oh man oh man oh man... I can't wait to get some LF Golden Laced Cochins this Spring!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by