Pics of different breeds?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Dec 11, 2008.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I was wondering if anyone with mulitple different duck breeds could post pictures of them here. I'm trying to create some sort of a chart showing the differences between breed sizes. So if you have a pic of a couple different types of ducks, i'd appriciate it! (esp if you have runners, i have runners and can compare, lol)

Online all i can find is weights of birds, but figuring out heights and general mass is proving to be difficult. So if you can help i'd greatly appreciate it!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I have 3 pure breeds and a cross. You just want pictures of them? Just making sure, lol.
    (sorry that there are so many, I just copied them from another one of my posts)

The Mallard is a drake, The Domstic bibbed mallard is a drake, and the Buff is a female. The duckling is a buff/mallard cross.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    If I can remember to take my camera with me when I go to the pond to feed them, I'll take pics for you tomorrow. All I have right now is a pic of them all on the pond, so it's hard to see the sizes. Granted they're all about the same size, but still you can't tell how big they are.

4. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    wow thanks so much for all those picstures, that really does help.

If anyone has posted tons of pics to an old thread, if you could give me the link that'd be great too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by